In the first of a regular series, here is a list of links to all of my baseball writing from the past month. Please enjoy and feel free to share any articles. Thanks.
- My 2016 Playoff Predictions – An attempt at picking the World Series winner prior to Opening Day.
- Baseball Books, The Elixir of Life – Exploring my love for baseball literature, including photographs of my extensive collection and the story of the first book I ever purchased as a child.
- New York’s Chewing Tobacco Ban Shows Dipping is Yesterday’s Pastime – My feature for the Guardian looking at the contentious tradition of chewing tobacco in baseball, and analysing attempts to eradicate it from Major League ballparks.
- Corey Seager and the Art of Minimalism – On the wonderful skill and impressive composure of a Dodgers rookie.
- The Life and Legacy of Jackie Robinson – To coincide with Jackie Robinson Day, I wrote a detailed biography of baseball’s most important trailblazer.
- Enjoying Noah Syndergaard, The Almost Faultless Phenom – Why the Mets’ transcendent phenom is possibly the most exciting pitcher of his time.
- The Sudden Fall and Potential Rise of Philadelphia Phillies Baseball – Explaining the Phillies’ demise and the steps being taken to rebuild a baseball powerhouse.
- For Yawkey Way Report this month, I produced four blog posts – Reasons to be optimistic for Red Sox fans; a look at the perpetual frustration of watching Clay Buchholz; a comparison between Xander Bogaerts and Nomar Garciaparra; and an exploration of potential replacements for David Ortiz in 2017.