In the second installment of a regular series, here is a list of links to all of my baseball writing from the past month. Please enjoy and feel free to share any articles. Thanks.
- How to Fix Instant Replay in Major League Baseball – I highlighted some recurring problems with a flawed but necessary system, and suggested some possible solutions.
- A Loving Biography of Babe Ruth, Baseball’s Greatest Hero – Babe Ruth is my ultimate hero in life, and I’ve always wanted to write something about him. Here, I finally got the chance.
- Sleeping Through History: A British Take on Max Scherzer Striking out 20 Tigers – My experience of a legendary feat.
- MLB News & Notes: May 2016 – I launched my own baseball notes column this month, and this was the first installment.
- Albert Pujols: A Bittersweet Twilight – On the paradox between succeeding in the historical realm but struggling in the present day.
- For Cubs Insider, I wrote about the strange allure of championship droughts, and what it means for North Side fans.
- This month, I wrote four blog posts for Yawkey Way Report. A look at the new approach fueling the Red Sox’ offensive revival; an exploration of Christian Vazquez’ importance to Boston; a column on Dustin Pedroia being back to his best; and a post on Carson Smith undergoing Tommy John Surgery.